The IBS 1000 Bacon Slicer offers high quality retail and wholesale back, belly and middle bacon slicing for manual packing operations in a compact footprint.
The slicer was developed based on proven technology to suit small and medium sized processors who are looking to improve slice quality while increasing throughput and yields.
Features & Benefits
- High speed bacon blade of up to 1600rpm for consistent slice thickness and integrity
- Small, space saving footprint
- Fast reload of <6 seconds
- Gripper fed for minimum butt ends (80-100g typical)
- Yield improvement of 1.5 to 2%
- Hygienic, stainless steel construction to ‘ready to eat’ product standards; CE marked
- Simple to operate and maintain
- Optional Underleaver for layout and platter food service drafts
Predictive Technology Option
- Enhanced on-weight performance reduces rework
- Reduction of EOL giveaway by up to 3.5%
- Includes a predictive weighcell positioned adjacent to the slicer on a mobile stand
- For best performance, a process weigher is recommended to provide weight feedback
Fully Integrated Systems
Thurne supplies slicing and packing lines for the production of all common retail and food service bacon packs. As part of The Middleby Corporation, we can cover all steps of the production process: from pressing and loading of bacon primals to slicing and packing drafts into thermoformed packs, with optimum performance.
You benefit from:
- A safe, balanced and effective line
- Maximum performance
- Single source supply and support
- Simplified line certification
Example: IBS 1000 Retail Line