We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team and serve our growing installed base.
Currently, we are taking applications for the following positions:
This role based at the Thurne headquarters in Norwich works under the general direction of the Engineering Team Manager, and in collaboration with Innovation, Production and Service staff, to modify existing products and components so that technical market leadership is established and maintained in the product ranges & support customer orders with all required documentation and technical assistance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing Electrical Systems and Circuits for new machines that comply with CE and International Legislation (ISO 9001 and relevant standards e.g. CE + UL) including safety systems
- Actively participate & support creation of the integration of a customer solution according to the agreed protocol
- Prepare electrical designs and part lists and Technical File work
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date drawing records
- Work to Cost Targets, Timescales and Project Specifications.
- Work closely with the Innovation, Sales, Production and Service Teams
- Liaise with suppliers on specifications and research new components and find replacements for obsolete parts
- Previous experience (minimum 4-5 years) in circuit Electrical Systems and Circuit design.
- A minimum of a HND/degree or graduate education or equivalent.
- A good knowledge of Safety Systems and a good awareness of CE marking.
- Previous experience with AutoCad Electrical and Rockwell components would be beneficial.
Please submit your CV and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
Details coming soon.
This position has the responsibility for installing and servicing Thurne high performance slicing equipment at Thurne’s customer facilities.
- You will deliver outstanding technical field service to our customers.
- You will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, remote and site support on highly advanced electrical/PLC/Pneumatic and Servo controlled systems.
- You will travel extensively to customer sites within North America and Canada up to 70% of the time.
- When not traveling to customer site, you will be "home" office based, calling on customers and supporting a 24/7 technical support operation.
- You will travel from time to time to the United Kingdom for training and other functions that are assigned to your duties.
- You will perform on-site equipment demonstrations in a professional manner.
- For your initial introduction and training you will travel with our experienced field service technicians to customer sites.
- At least a two-year technical trade degree or equivalent hands-on experience.
- We are a 100% Allen Bradley systems integrator, so experience on PLC, Servo and Powerflex VFD drives is preferred but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating system and Embedded systems.
- Minimum of two years electrical and mechanical diagnostic experience.
- Field Service experience is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English. Spanish as a second language or willingness to learn Spanish is a plus.
- Self-motivated and assertive individual who has the ability of working independently or as part of a small team.
- Current passport
Please submit resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, for Thurne NorthAmerica Field Service position to:
Human Resources Dept.
4300 West Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60646-5943
Thurne headquarters is located in Norwich, United Kingdom and our North American sales and service division is located in Chicago, IL.
Thurne USA provides medical and dental insurance, long- and short-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) employer-matching plan. Thurne USA is a drug-free environment and a pre-employment drug test is required. All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
Thurne offers apprenticeships in Electrical, Mechanical and CNC Engineering, based at the Thurne headquarters in Norwich.
Applications for 2017 are now closed. If you are interested in applying for future opportunities, please submit your application to:
Human Resources Department