THURNE is an international market leader in innovative slicing and automation systems for the bacon, meat and cheese processing industry. We design, develop, manufacture and service our food processing equipment that is commissioned throughout the world.
Our manufacturing headquarters is located in Norwich, United Kingdom, and our North American sales and service division is located in Chicago, IL. THURNE is part of the Middleby Corporation with its headquarters in Elgin, IL.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team and serve our growing installed base.
To support the 4 members of the Thurne UK Finance team to include purchase ledger (invoice posting, checking and scanning), expenses/credit card expenses, weekly and monthly analyses, supporting weekly and monthly reporting processes and ultimately cover for Financial Accountant and Management Accountant in due course. The candidate will also spend time in other areas of the business to gain a wide knowledge of the workings of the company and how they interact with Finance.
- Accounts Payable:
- Processing invoices on the purchase ledger
- Allocating Direct Debit and ad hoc payments against invoices on purchase ledger accounts
- Investigating and resolving pricing and quantity queries with purchase invoices
- Reconciling purchase ledger accounts with supplier statements
- Management of the credit card posting process.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Communicating with customers to ensure that issues are identified and invoices are paid as they fall due
- Keeping a record of debt collection activity
- Allocating receipts to invoices on customer accounts on the ledger
- Preparing and issuing documentation for the weekly USA and RoW sales order despatches
- Management Accounts:
- Performing reconciliations of P and L accounts
- Preparing supporting schedules and information to support balances for the management accounts and auditors
- Supporting Finance Manager with monthly inter-co balances exercise
- Preparing and distributing reports for managers, such as a daily sales report, the monthly labour analysis reports and others
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good observational skills
- Writing skills or the ability and interest to develop them to the required standard
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C or 4-9 English and maths or be prepared and willing to complete the Functional Skills qualifications in your own time alongside the apprenticeship. Training for this provided by Adult Learning. We offer a flexible delivery style to suit every learners’ individual needs and requirements.
A permanent position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the Apprenticeship. The business is looking for somebody who wants to develop and gain a full time position following their Apprenticeship and to continue studying towards passing their professional exams.
Please submit your application to:
Human Resources Department
We are an equal opportunity employer.